The Twilight Saga

The third story in Twilight-Harry Potter Cross-Over, the Half Blood Vampire follows the Cullens as they become further involved in the world of Harry Potter during the events of The Half Blood Prince. What happens when a rapidly maturing Renesmee and Jacob's wolf pack become more and more connected with the world of wizards? And how is Aro and the Volturi involved with He Who Shall Not be Named and his followers, the Death Eaters? Is it all connected?

If you haven't read the other two, please click here for the first story in the Series, Cullens go to Hogwarts, placed during the Tri-Wizard Tournament or here for Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks for the second book placed during Order of the Phoenix and Breaking Dawn.

Other Fan Fictions by Erica

Actors Hooked on Fan Fiction COMPLETE

Cullens go to Hogwarts COMPLETE
Dawn of the Phoenix: Cedric goes to Forks COMPLETE
Eclipse EPOV IN PROGRESS

One Shots:

First Kiss EPOV COMPLETE
Edward Decides to Leave COMPLETE

Chapters in PDF and Hyperlink for The Half-Blood Vampire

HBV Ch 1.pdf   Chapter 1: A New Adventure

HBV Ch 2.pdf   Chapter 2: Just Can't Walk Away

HBV Ch 3.pdf   Chapter 3: Curiosities

HBV Ch 4.pdf   Chapter 4: Where There's A Will...

HBV Ch 5.pdf   Chapter 5: Love Lives and Love Lost

HBV Ch 6.pdf   Chapter 6: History and Biology

HBV Ch 7.pdf   Chapter 7: Young Love, First Love...

HBV Ch 8.pdf   Chapter 8: Hogwarts Recruitment Drive

HBV Ch 9.pdf   Chapter 9: Everything

HBV Ch 10.pdf Chapter 10: Complication

HBV Ch 11.pdf Chapter 11: Should I Stay or Should I go?

HBV Ch 12.pdf Chapter 12: New Week New Accomodations

HBV Ch 13.pdf Chapter 13: Diagon Alley

HBV Ch 14.pdf Chapter 14: Hogwarts Express

HBV Ch 15.pdf Chapter 15: The Sorting Hat

HBV Ch 16.pdf Chapter 16: Meanwhile Back at the Crypt

HBV Ch 17.pdf Chapter 17: First Day of School

HBV Ch 18.pdf Chapter 18: Malfoy Manor

HBV Ch 19.pdf Chapter 19: Life and Death

HBV Ch 20.pdf  Chapter 20: Restless

Tags: Bella, Edward, Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter, Jacob, Renesmee, Twilight

Views: 7658

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Twihard Angel - more now up... and another chapter in the works!
Chapter 10: Complication

** EDWARD **

I had a sense of déjà vu as we moved to our new location somewhere in the vicinity of The Burrow, where the Weasley’s lived and the Diggory’s. It brought me back to two years ago when we first moved from Forks to accept our new adventure in Scotland. The landscapes passing my window as we sped down the A303 were almost exact replicas of those in my memory with slight changes – the trees had grown a bit taller and fuller, some were gone, houses were slightly more worn, or replenished where an owner had taken the time to paint in the last two years. And then the hill we’d climbed to meet up with the Weasley’s and Diggory’s, where I’d first met Cedric and taken our first trip by PortKey. Was it only two years ago? So much had happened since then.

Dumbledore had located another bed and breakfast in need of restoration and repair – providing us with a place to stay and a reasonable cover story and the owners with a renewed facility. Unfortunately something about this particular arrangement left me with an uneasy feeling.

“It wasn’t easy finding a place with sufficient rooms.” Dumbledore advised as we sped down the motorway in a couple of black English cabs with the double bench seats in the back. Dumbledore sat in the front with Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, Alice, Bella and I in the back. Emmett, Rosalie, Cedric, Leah, Jacob, Seth and Nessie were in the other vehicle. Nessie had surprised us by volunteering to go with Jacob for the long ride. “I hope this is sufficient. It’s a 16th century longhouse. It used to be a farm but now only had some ducks, chickens, geese and a dreadful over abundance of cats. The back of the house looked over fields to treed hills across a valley.”

“Is it safe for hunting?” Jasper asked.

“I’m afraid it was rather impossible to find a place with adequate hunting.” Dumbledore said apologetically.

“I’m sure it will be fine.” Carlisle assured him. “We’ll scout out the area for something appropriate.”

“Might I suggest, if you go southwest of here you’ll find Dartmoor Forest. It’s well populated along the edges, but at the centre, there are few roadways or dwellings. Or perhaps, Exmoor National Park to the north.” Dumbledore considered.

“We’ll check on both areas.” Carlisle and Jasper shared a nod. “I’m sure we’ll find something. We’ve only a little over a month until school starts.”

“Yes, I must speak with you about that.” Dumbledore threw in, “But that is for another time. Now, as for the facilities. There is the owner’s residence which I’ve managed to get them to agree to let you use.” Dumbledore scowled slightly, but said nothing. “and 10 rooms they normally rent out, nine of which have ensuites. Plus there are two drawing rooms and a kitchen.”

“Internet?” Alice asked.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t ask.” Dumbledore replied. “Also, there’s a trout stream.”

“Well Jacob and Seth should be happy with that.” Bella said hopefully. “They could have a fish fry.”

Jasper and Alice both turned up their noses that the thought.

Ewe, fish… I’m not sure what would be worse – their foul stench or fish frying. Alice scowled.

“And what exactly would they like done while we’re there?” Esme asked.

“They’ve left a list.” Dumbledore replied, short.

I have a bad feeling about this… Alice mused and Jasper frowned.

We drove up to the long white house. It was large and plain – a simple design, but we weren’t here for the architectural beauty. It would house us for the next few weeks and we’d be gone.

The sun was setting and the land dusky as we pulled up and began unloading our bags. To our surprise we were greeting by a small, stout English woman and a herd of cats.

“Well, you’ve finally arrived – late enough.” She said snottily.

“Oh, very sorry madam.” Dumbledore replied, holding out his good hand in greeting. “I’m afraid there may have been a miscommunication. I thought you’d be well on your way by now. I never thought-”

Ignoring his outstretched hand, she interrupted. “What, and let any old hooligans into my place. For all I know you could be bringing a bunch of ragamuffins or scoundrels. No I had to stay to look ‘em over for myself.” She glared at all of us grudgingly.

“Very sorry, again.” Dumbledore bowed politely. “If I’d realized, I would have ensured we’d arrived a bit earlier.”

“Hmph.” She replied as she brushed past him and walked straight up to Carlisle. She looked him over from top to bottom, an appraising finger tapping the side of her face. “You’ll do.” She finally said and turned to Esme.

“Red head I see.” She scowled.

“Madam,” Esme curtseyed politely, not sure what else to do in light of the circumstances.

“Never trusted the red heads.” The lady said.

“I believe her hair is more copper or perhaps auburn.” Alice provided.

That drew the ladies attention away and Esme escaped any further attention.

“You’re quite the little elfling. Here to bewitch me out of my property are you? I’ll have you know-”

“No, I’m afraid I have no interest in your property.” Alice cut her off sharply.

“We’ll see about that.” She turned and looked up and down Jasper quickly. “Ah strapping young man. Yes. You’ll do.” She turned to Bella, who got only a “hmm” before I fell under her critical eye. Another red head. Her eyes tightened, as she looked around for Esme who was now out of sight. Tall and wiry. Not sure how much help he’ll be… “I suppose you’ll be okay.” Bella snuck Nessie behind Dumbledore’s cloaks as the lady turned and Emmett came into her view. “Well, now there’s some help!” She said, patting his abundant arm. “Yes, very good, very good.” She turned to Rosalie who was seething. “Oh my, very pretty aren’t you.”

Rosalie’s seething turned to a pleasant smile, “Yes ma’am.”

“In my experience, the pretty ones are the most useless.” She brushed by her to evaluate the wolves. They all seemed to pass her critical evaluation, and she was particularly happy with Leah. “Finally, a hard working woman among the bunch.” She patted her arms appreciatively and turned finally to Cedric. “Didn’t I already see you. Well get on your way. What are you doing standing out here waiting.”

Without taking time to correct her assumption we rushed in, taking our bags. The rest of our things would arrive tomorrow by magic. We’d come this way to avoid any suspicion incase there was anyone on site.

“You’ll come with me.” She ordered, showing us to our rooms. “I’ll put the boys down the one hall, the girls down the other.”

What? No way! Emmett turned and headed for the door.

“Excuse me,” Carlisle interrupted. “Perhaps we should introduce ourselves.”

“No need,” she brushed him off, “I’ll not be here much. Names would only confuse me.”

“Ah, but then, perhaps I should advise you. Several of us are married.”

“Married?” She looked us all over. “Married? But you’re much too young. What is going on here? I thought you were bringing workers to fix my house. Not a bunch of nitwits on holiday.”

“Madam, I assure you,” Dumbledore interrupted, “They are all here to work.”

“Well then it shouldn’t matter if they’re bunked up together or apart.” She replied snottily. No need to share a bed if you’re exhausted from a day of honest work… “okay, boys, follow me.” She marched down a hall, pointing out rooms along the way. “Some of you’ll have to share a room. We’ve double beds in all the rooms but one.”

There was a collective shudder amongst us all.

“Just go along with it,” Carlisle said in a low voice. “We’ll figure it out when she leaves.”

“We’d better. I’m not spending the next six weeks shacked up with you guys, no offense.” Emmett groaned.

“None taken.” Jasper replied. The feeling was mutual.

When all was said and done, we’d managed to arrange for Emmett and Jasper and Carlisle and I to share rooms on the boys end and Rosalie and Alice and Bella and Esme to share a room on the girls end right by the single room where Nessie would stay. So, of course, the respective mates would exchange arrangements as soon as this miserable woman left. Apparantly the agreement to use the owner’s quarters had been withdrawn.

As soon as the appropriate bags were delivered to each room we gathered back in the dining room.

“Now, I’ll expect you to track your eggs.” She showed a book where she’d carefully tracked the usage of food for her guests. “The birds are not to be killed. They’re for laying only. And if you take any fish, you’ll mark it here.” She glared at each of us. They’ll eat us out of house and home if I let ‘em. Should’ve made ‘em pay. “And here’s your list. I expect the highest quality.” She said handing over a notebook’s worth of chores and repairs. A glance through the first page alone indicated much too much work to be accomplished with any amount of skill if done at human speed. Of course, this work would not be done at human speed.

“Of course,” Carlisle replied, “We hope you’ll be pleased with the arrangements.”

I’d better be. She frowned as she shoved past him, out of the room and marched out of the house. We stood there, dumbfounded until we heard the backfiring of or poorly tuned vehicle and the sound of tires crunching against the gravel that lined the driveway.

“She’s leaving,” I confirmed her thoughts, though she didn’t have many thoughts she didn’t voice.

The group let out a collective exhale.

“What a BI-”

“Rosalie!” Esme cut her off, “We’re here to do a job. Let’s make the best of it and we’ll be gone before we know it.”

“But there’s not even decent closet space and the internet sucks.” Alice whined.

“Alice, you’re being rather rude to Albus who’s worked hard to make these arrangements for us.” Carlisle cautioned.

“No offense taken.” Dumbledore advised, “I’ve tested my patience with this one. If not for the Dursley’s I’d have said she’s the most inhospitable person I’ve ever met. But the facilities were the best I could do on such short notice. Of course, if it is intolerable, we can try-”

“No, Albus,” Carlisle said graciously, “We are very grateful. This will be more then satisfactory.”

“I appreciate your willingness to make the most of things, but please know that I will not hold it against you if you choose to find alternative arrangements.” Dumbledore smiled.

He left shortly after.

“What is with these cats?” Jacob grumbled, the stench of fresh wolf blood hit my nose. A fresh memory flashed through his mind. He’d opened the door to his ensuite bathroom and was immediately met with a fisty, hissing cat, clawing at his flesh and clothes, leaving a fair amount of blood and several tears in his clothing.

“Jacob, are you okay?” Bella asked.

“I’ll be fine, as soon as we kick out those flippen cats.” He grumbled. The scent of blood was dissipating as his body quickly healed.

“I don’t know what you’re complaining about?” Rosalie said from the door, carrying a white, particularly fluffy cat in her arms where it purred audibly as she stroked its head.

“Apparently you didn’t get the demon-spawn cat from hell in your room.” Jacob grumbled. “I tried to kick it out last night, but it keeps getting back in.”

“I think it’s nice.” Nessie said softly, “I’ve never had a pet before.”

“I thought you had Jacob.” Rosalie sniped.

Nessie tensed while Emmett chuckled.

“Come on, Jacob.” Nessie said, “Let’s go check out the trout pond.” Jacob willingly followed.

“They’re getting along a lot better.” Esme noticed. “Maybe she’s over whatever was bugging her.”

Bella shook her head, “I don’t know. I think she’s feeling guilty about being so mean to him.”

Jasper disagreed. “No, I don’t sense any guilt. But she is much less uptight lately. She seems more at peace… happier.”

I searched through my recent memories of her thoughts and could find no reason for the change. It left me wondering what had happened.

“The dragon lady is coming, the dragon lady is coming…” Alice came speeding through the house. The vision, indeed, showed the horrible lady who met us last night arriving in roughly half an hour.

“Oh dear.” Esme exclaimed from the kitchen.

“What’s the big deal? It’s not like she can hurt us.” Emmett said as she sauntered into the sitting room, picking up the control. He’d figured out last night how to make his Playstation work with the ancient television.

We found out what the big deal was when she drove up in her ancient, poorly maintained car. It looked like an accumulation of parts from various vehicles. She marched in like a tornado.

“What do you think you’re doing, lazing around in the sitting room?” She barked at Jacob and Seth. “I’m not giving you free accommodation to sit on your arse and do bloody well nothing.”

Unsure what to do, Cedric, Leah and Seth jumped to their feet and ran out to the back yard to find something, anything to do.

“And you,” she huffed at Emmett. “Should you be lifting something?”

He grinned back. I’d be glad to lift you and deposit you into the trout pond. His smile widened, showing a little teeth in threat and ran off to find Rosalie. The lady was completely unaffected by the risk.

Having heard the first two exchanges, the others had become scarce, infuriating her further. “Where did all you lazy oafs go? Give you perfectly good accommodations in exchange for hard labor and what do I get? Nothing! I get nothing!” She screeched.

Carlisle met her at the entrance to the dining room. “The others have gone to pick up supplies. I’m sorry if it appears we’ve not accomplished anything, but you must understand that we have to g-”

“All I understand is we have an agreement. If you don’t hold up your end of the bargain, I’ll be out for a month of rent and I’ll still have to repair my property.”

“I assure you, if you’ll just let us do things as we normally do, you’ll be quite happy with the results.”

She huffed. Should have checked more references then just the Venlaw estate up in Scotland. Thought those Scots would have ensured they got a good value.

I slipped down the stairs from where Bella and I’d escaped. Approaching slowly I added, “If you’re not happy with the arrangements, we can vacate the premises.”

The woman spun around and I suddenly found myself in her glare. The red head… always trouble these ones. “Sure, vacate, after I’ve turned away my guests at the busiest time of year. And who’ll pay me for my lost revenues.”

“That’s not our business.” Carlisle said calmly, “We’re only offering that if you’re not happy with the agreement you’ve made, we can leave. We won’t hold you to it.”

“Hmpf!” She turned again and stalked out of the house, back into her cluttermobile and putt-putted down the road.

Carlisle and I exchanged a look. He sighed, “We’re going to have to have a plan for when she shows up again.”

I nodded, as certainly she would. It was clear from her thoughts that she felt she’d have to keep a watch on us. Which meant we’d also have to be even more careful about exposure.

“I trust all is well?” Dumbledore asked as he arrived for a visit the morning of our second day. We’d been visited twice yesterday by the lady landlord and Alice predicted another visit in an hour’s time. The others were off busy with various items from the list, ensuring this visit would be less stressful and persuade her to avoid future visits. Thus, only Carlisle and I sat down with Dumbledore and a pot of tea.

“It’s certainly been interesting.” Carlisle replied. “Our hostess is a little anxious.”

“Yes, I’m afraid that has become apparent. She’s already called to ensure she’ll receive full value for her trade.” He frowned, “Carlisle, please accept my greatest apologies for putting you and your family in this predicament.”

“Albus,” Carlisle replied, placing a hand on his, “It will be fine. We’ve certainly experienced more challenging arrangements.”

“Yes, I’m afraid that is true.” He sighed, “Well, I hope that you can make the most of it and I’ll have you moved as soon as it is prudent. But that’s not why I’m visiting you today. First off, I received your owl and I want to thank your offer to return upon the loss of our most recent Professor of Dark Arts.” He smiled, a twinkle in his eye.

“You know I’d be more then happy to help in whatever way I can.” Carlisle said, “And given that my granddaughter-”

“Yes, I’d presumed that you’d want to keep a close eye on her, however, I was fortunate to already fill the position.” He replied, quite satisfied. “Horace Slughorn has agreed to return, just the day before I received your owl in fact.”

“Well very good then,” Carlisle replied with no hint of the disappointment in his voice. Though he’d enjoyed the opportunity to teach at Hogwarts, his disappointment had more to do with entire family’s concern for Renesmee being away from home.

“I will ensure your granddaughter’s safety,” Dumbledore said, suddenly quite serious. “You have my word. I will do everything in my power to ensure she comes to no harm.”

Carlisle nodded, “Albus, it’s not that I doubt your sincerity or your ability. It is just my concern with Aro’s intentions. Alice has been focusing much of her attention of late on Voltaire, but so much is undecided. Whether or not Aro joins forces with Voldemort, or if Voldemort will even accept him after Malfoy’s treachery. Whether Aro will seek out Renesmee or simply continue to try on his own to produce a half-breed. Whether-”

“Carlisle.” Now it was Dumbledore’s turn to comfort him. “These are very uncertain times indeed. I would not hold it against you or your family if Edward and Bella decided to keep Renesmee at home. You wouldn’t be the first family.”

“Are many others?”

“Yes, I’m afraid the return of Voldemort has created a bit of a panic among the wizarding families. The fact that he’s been back for over a year and I’ve managed to keep my students safe over that period is, of course, irrelevant.” He provided a grim smile.

“Renesmee’s attendance is already decided.” I answered for Bella and I. Despite our misgivings, allowing our young daughter to leave us so early, we’d already decided, it was the best alternative for her. It wasn’t a decision I was prepared to revisit.

“In that case, perhaps she’d like to meet some of the older classmates.” Dumbledore suggested. “And that brings us to the second purpose of my visit. You are already quite aware that the Order of the Phoenix now know of your assistance. And Harry and Hermione.”

“And you’re worried about our secrecy?” Carlisle asked, and then sighed.

“More that you really can’t expect secrecy anymore.” Dumbledore advised. “Given the number of individuals who are aware of your existence and the nature of young people…”

“I think we’re past all that. Given what is happening in our world and yours, I expect the barrier between secrets and hidden things are about to evaporate. Or perhaps collide is a better description.” Carlisle replied. “We’ll deal with the ramifications as they come.”

Dumbledore nodded his acceptance. “Well, then, perhaps Edward and Bella would like to take Renesmee to the Weasley’s to introduce her. She’ll be a bit younger, but they might also look out for her at Hogwarts.”

I looked to Carlisle as he considered the consequences. Only the Weasley children weren’t aware of who were are and, as he’d indicated, that was likely to change in the near future. Still it was one thing to simply accept that the knowledge would be spread as rumor and suspicion, another entirely to openly admit that I was alive and had a daughter.

“I’ll leave that to Edward and Bella to decide.” Carlisle finally responded quietly.

“Well then, I’ll return tomorrow. Though Harry is in a safe place, I’d like very much to have someone looking out for him. So I’ll show you to their place tomorrow and, should you wish, you can introduce your daughter to the Weasleys.” Dumbledore said as he got to his feet.

“Then we’ll see you tomorrow. I’m afraid our hostess should be here any minute and we’ll need to go to our places when she arrives.” Carlisle advised.

“Of course, of course.” And with that Dumbledore strode into the yard and diapparated from sight.

NOTE: Hi guys - I know, I know - this update took forever! Sparing you the details, I'll just say that I was dealing with some stuff this week and just couldn't get myself into the mental space to write. If I had forced it, Voldemort and the Volturi would have attacked and killed everyone in the HP and Twilight world. I'll try to not let that happen again. Thanks to all of you who left me comments encouraging me to continue.
Thanks nikki - congrats on first comment! There are definitely times when Rosalie grows on me - like here. She's the only one that can really say the things we all want to say, but edit out sometimes!

Thanks! :-)
nice... took forever, lol, but nice. can't wait for the next one!!
Thanks Zathura - and the next one is already in the works. :-)
lol loved it!!! post more soon!!!
Thank you! I'll try! :-)
Hey, thanks nik! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I laughed myself with Emmett said that. Poor woman - she doesn't know what she's messing with. :-D
LOL! Now that would be an interesting end to this particular woman! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. :-)
hey erica,
your story is actually amazing!
ive read 'cullens go to hogwarts', 'cedric goes to forks' and 'the half-blood vampire' all in the last 2 weeks :)
its making my summer!
keep up the good work!

oh and on my page, i have a short one short called 'renesmee's story'
if you can, take the time to read and let me know what you think!

thankyou :)
Wow, you've been busy! I'm so glad you've enjoyed my stories.

Good luck with Renemee's Story! :-) And thanks for commenting.
yay im so glad you finally posted!!!!!!!!!!
today was my first day of school and it was nice to be able to come home and find a new chapter!!!!!!!!!!
i thought the old lady was really funny!!!!!!!!
hope you write more soon!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hachette Book Group.

Report an Issue | Guidelines  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service